Examples of some common issues which most Course Reps encounter on an anuual basis. Ongoing support and advice is given to elected/nominated Reps.
Issues relating to Student Progression(from one year to the next)
- How many students drop out of the course?
- How many of each degree classification are awarded each year?
- How many students go into relevant graduate employment?
- How many students fail?
Issues about Quality and Standards
- Are course evaluation forms used and collected?
- Is such evaluation acted upon?
- Do you consider that student views are influential? Can you provide any examples?
- Do you receive any information about what the department or course have done in light of student feedback?
Issues related to student representation
- Are students aware of the role of the Course representative?
- Do they understand the mechanism of representation throughout the Students’ Union and University?
- Do Students explicitly understand and know about the transferable skills they can acquire as a Course Representative?
- Do the students receive sufficient feedback about what the Faculty has done in light of student feedback?