Rent Right Campaign.
READY TO RENT CHECKLIST
1 ) Is there any visible damage to the house or its’ contents? Make sure you have a written record of the damage with photos and descriptions and agree the record with the estate agent
2) Do they have a Gas Safety Certificate provided within the last 12 months?
3) Make sure your deposit is protected in a government approved tenancy deposit scheme. This is a legal requirement!
4) Make sure you know when the contract starts (when you can move in) and ends (when you have to move out).
5) For HMO properties you are entitled to a rent book. Make sure you have the name, address and contact details of your landlord.
6) Your landlord must give adequate notice (usually 24 hours) before visiting the property, unless it’s an emergency. You can refuse entry if they haven’t given notice.