Welcome new students onto your campus, and have a great time whilst you're at it!
Our Welcome Team will be made up of a diverse range of students from all faculties and year groups who will encourage all new and returning students to get involved with their university and union! This amazing team will be responsible for setting up stalls, distributing essential information, offering campus tours and making the campus as welcoming as possible.
Oh, and we forgot to mention; it's also loads of fun!
Find out more below, and sign up here!
About Welcome Week
The purpose of Welcome Week is to impress incoming students! We want to make sure they are informed, supported and are looking forward to life at Ulster University and their Students’ Union.
We aim mainly to do this by:
- Making sure students know what their Students’ Union is all about!
- Providing opportunities for students to get to know each other
- Providing a varied programme of entertainment which reflects the diversity of the student population
Welcome Team Duties
Our welcome programme is currently being developed…..it’s brand new!
Your duties are likely to include the following:
- Delivering Campus Tours ensuring students become familiar with UUSU, University Departments, Sports Services and places of interest on campus.
- Ensuring all signage and event information is displayed on campus and shared on social media.
- Encouraging students to interact with UUSU social media channels.
- Providing accurate information to student queries.
- Helping to set up/dismantle props and signage for events taking place.
- Distribute posters and leaflets across campus and halls of residence.
- Assisting with UUSU initiatives as required including the ever-popular balloon drop!
- Joining campus VP on visits to halls of residence.
- Signposting students to fayres and events on campus.
- Attending and supporting UUSU events alongside the campus VP and Student Activities coordinator.
- Having fun and encouraging participation!
What experience is needed to be a Welcome Team member?
Welcome Team members need to be Ulster University students who love their campus! Given that Welcome Week is the most important event in the Students’ Union calendar it is essential that the team are approachable, friendly, outgoing and enthusiastic.
What is the time commitment expected?
The Welcome Team will be needed on the following dates:
- Halls move in weekend: Saturday 15th and Sunday 16th September
- Welcome Week: Monday 18th September - 22nd September
We would love it if you coul also lend a hand during Week 1 as well (Week commencing 25th September) for our Feshers Fayres!
Tasks will be divided into shifts which will be roughly 2-4 hours at a time and you can sign up for as many as you like!
It will be hard work but lots of fun – and the more you give the more you get out of it!
What support is available?
The training and support of the team will be provided by your Vice President and staff from the UUSU Student Engagement Team to ensure members are able to deal with student enquiries with confidence.
What will I get out of being a Welcome Team member?
- The chance to meet lots of new people, make friends and develop interpersonal skills
- An opportunity to find out about all activities, events and opportunities in the Union and beyond
- Free wristband which gives entry to UUSU welcome week events
- Free “welcome week” t-shirt
- UUSU Lunch vouchers
What further opportunities are there after Freshers Week?
Many students who have volunteered for UUSU in previous years have become Presidents of Societies, Course Reps and have even been elected into Sabbatical Roles such as UUSU Campus Vice President The opportunities are vast….!
Who do I contact if I have more questions?
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com
How do I apply?
Applications are now open now so don't miss out! Express your interest by completing the online form now! We look forward to welcoming you to the team!
Apply Now! Online Application